It seems I’ve missed Chinese food because this is two recipes with the flavors of ginger and garlic that I’ve recently made.
Fried rice has always been a take out favorite. Rice is off my list for now though so in the spirit of trying new things, I made a delicious Cauliflower Fried “Rice” recipe. It’s got ginger, garlic, and bacon so it’s really hard to go wrong when working with those ingredients. I hope you give it a try.
- 1 head Cauliflower Chopped into florets with center core removed
- 8 pieces Thick cut bacon I like Farmland brand
- 4 Green onions Sliced on diagonal
- 2 tbsp Ginger Grated on fine grater
- 4 cloves Garlic Grated on fine grater
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 t Red pepper flakes Optional
- To taste Pepper
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in a non-stick skillet until done. Remove to plate lined with a paper towel. Reserve bacon grease.
- Pulse the cauliflower in food processor until it looks about the size of grains of rice. Work in batches as needed.
- Add 1 tbsp of bacon grease to same skillet, over medium-high to high heat. Add cauliflower, ginger and garlic (and red pepper flakes if using), and toss to combine. Cover and let cook for 3-6 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove lid and add soy sauce to cauliflower, tossing to combine.
- Push cauliflower to edges of pan. Add eggs and cook, stirring to make scrambled eggs. When eggs are done, mix them in with the cauliflower rice.
- Add cooked bacon and sliced green onions. Combine and serve.