Low Carb Orange Muffins
Orange is one of my favorite flavors. These lightly flavored orange muffins are sweet and hit the spot. They look so much like regular muffins my husband commented that he was surprised I wasn’t making something low-carb. Ha! And I was. That’s how good they look. And how do they taste? Sweet and delicious with a light orange flavor.
- 3 T Butter
- 2/3 Cup Splenda
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg Large
- 2 Cups Almond flour
- 1/2 Cup Whey protein powder
- 2 t Orange extract
- 2 t Unflavored gelatin 1 packet
- 1 T Baking powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add muffin liners to muffin tin.
- Cream together butter and Splenda.
- Add egg and extracts and mix until thoroughly blended making sure to scrape sides of mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, whey protein powder, gelatin, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- Add 1/3 of dry mix to creamed butter and sugar and mix until just combined. Then add 1/2 of milk and mix. Scrape bowl. Add 1/3 of dry mix and stir. Continue to alternate until remaining milk and flour mixture has been mixed in.
- Evenly divide muffin batter into 10 regular sized muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden. Cool on wire rack.