Sweet and Spicy Almonds
Here’s a sweet and spicy almonds recipe for low carb dieters. Sweet and spicy is one of my favorite flavor combinations – the two flavors go together so well. The traditional spiced nuts recipe is chock full of sugar though, making it out of bounds for low carb and keto dieters.
Using granulated Splenda to replace the sugar was a great first step. Adjust the cayenne to your own spiciness level. These are medium in heat so go from there. Don’t reduce too much though as the nuts will become too sweet. They help to balance each other out.
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup granulated Splenda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t ground cumin
- 2 t cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Whisk egg white until foamy.
- Combine spices with egg white and whisk until combined.
- Add almonds and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture onto non-stick foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir nuts.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake another 10 minutes.
- Nut will crisp as they cool. Break apart as needed.